Besides rebranding and migrating content, Design Your Success Podcast is on an indefinite hiatus. Enjoy the last episode we did during the pandemic.
It was a grey fall afternoon in Germany when I felt the fear but did it anyway.
Nervous but excited, I hit "publish" on episode #0 and launched my first podcast on September 30, 2014.
Back then, it was called Live By Design Radio, and it was born out of a need to serve my newsletter readers in an additional or alternative format besides the long text emails I wrote back then. Meanwhile, I started a 2nd show - Digital Content Podcast.
And although I no longer publish this show regularly (we call it podfading in the podcaster's world), I recorded this episode to celebrate the anniversary and share helpful pointers in light of the current global crisis.
As a personal development coach and passionate about well-being, I believe with the right tools and support, we can pro-actively grow through these turbulent times instead of passively going through them. Self-compassion, mental wellness, and the ability to not give up are crucial during times of crisis and change.
Tune in and discover six ways to self-coach yourself and develop your resilience skills as we continue to navigate uncertain waters.
1. Self Awareness - Taking an honest look at one's personal and professional life without attachment to anything being right or wrong. Not self-judgment.
2. Self Compassion - Showing understanding and kindness to one's self when hurting, feeling inadequate, or like a failure. Opposite of self-criticism.
3. Self Development - Taking steps to better one's self. Learning new skills, overcoming bad habits, and developing healthy routines. Not discrediting who you currently are.
4. Self Motivation - Having a healthy internal drive that helps you grow and keep moving when the temptation to quit comes. Your personal WHY is key to your resilience.
5. Self Care - Being deliberate about activities that nurture your mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being. Taking care of one's needs is not selfish!
6. Self Validation - Cultivating the ability to recognize, confirm, or establish one's own worthiness, strengths, successes, progress, and efforts in a healthy way. Not arrogance or narcissism.
Enjoyed this episode? Check out past shows here.