Born and raised in East Africa, I've been based in Germany for over 25 years. I wanted to be an air hostess, nurse, or fashion designer when I was young.
I studied design and when I moved to Germany, I worked in the fashion industry as a sales rep. Following a back injury, I left employment and, upon recovering, followed my passion for reading and fulfilled a dream. I opened a physical bookshop in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
As an avid reader, I was one of my best customers :-)
When the recession hit in 2008 and Amazon became a force I couldn't compete with, I wrote and published my very first book, closed the shop, and ventured online. During the day, I freelanced in the market research and social studies industry, and in the evenings, I worked on my internet business.
Zero work-life balance led to a nasty burnout. I crashed and needing to recuperate; I said goodbye to Germany and relocated for a few years.
"But why all these details"? You ask.
Simple, my story is part of the WHY behind my passion for personal development and well-being for healthy high performance!
As a certified coach since 2014, experience, expertise and empathy are part of my USP.
Using my Signature G.O.A.L.S™ System which I created in 2008 as the framework of my 1st book, I have years of hands-on coaching experience.
When I'm not following my passion for personal development or consulting, you'll find me prioritizing self-care.
1. Enjoy jazz, saxophone music and TEDx Talks
2. Introvert with extrovert tendencies = ambivert
3. Creativity, books, fashion and travelling make me happy
4. Nominated for the German Digital Female Leader Awards - 2019
5. Former atheist & Bible School graduate with a diploma in Theology
6. In an apprenticeship programme as a Trauma Healing Group facilitator
7. Curious life-long learner with a Kenyan temperament and a German work ethic.